Tsuyoshi Shinjo, Retired Professional Baseball Player
I believe the first time I met Masha-nii (ましゃにぃ big brother Masha) was in December 2000. I was already his fan at that time. “So he also comes from Kyuushu....” That discovery left a deep impression on me. There are very few men whom I would consider as handsome other than Masha-nii. I find him truly charismatic.
Once, a friend told me: “Fukuyama-san talked about Tsuyoshi in his Osaka concert.” After I heard that, I wanted to go see his concert at once, so I asked a favour of someone I know and was finally able to meet him in the Osaka-jo Hall. I gave him a baseball uniform as a present and he immediately put it on for the encore! I couldn’t believe it, I was overjoyed! After that, we became friends. Perhaps it was because we both came from Kyushu and that he was like a respected big brother to me.
The Masha-nii that I know, is very open-minded and has a great heart. When I was still at Nippon-Ham (Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters)**, Masha-nii would come all the way to Hokkaido to watch my games. We had gone to karaoke with everyone after the game, and, of course, he’d received lots of requests to sing this and sing that. He agreed to them without hesitation and ended up having to sing around 10 of his own songs. If it were me, and someone at the batting center asked me to bat for them to see, I wouldn’t be so quick to say yes.
On another occasion, at the end of one of his concerts, I thought he would be exhausted, so I just emailed him to let him know that I was going home. Instead he replied, “I want to see you, come over to Backstage!” I once mentioned that I liked liquor, he remembered it and came with a bottle of liquor the next time we met for snooker. In this aspect, he is very characteristic of Kyuushu men.
I consult with him in a lot of matters. Although we are in totally different fields of work, he would frequently teach me how to attract more fans, or how to associate with other people, etc. Besides these……, ah, there are also private matters which I cannot disclose!
Of course, I like Masha-nii the artist, too! Upto now, I have almost never attended concerts, but I have been to 4 of Masha-nii’s concerts already! Even the opening music of my games are usually Masha-nii’s songs. I especially remember that time with “Sakurazaka”. I was looking for a slower song, but just couldn’t find the right one. It was then that I heard “Sakurazaka”, and I was very moved by it. I’m the type of player who usually gets too carried away in a game. Listening to Masha-nii’s songs often helps me to calm down before I bat.
My favourite song? Oh it’s so hard to have to choose just one…..I guess it should be “Squall”. When I was negotiating my FA terms *** with the Hanshin Tigers, I was always listening to it in the car. “Squall” led me to think: “Do I really want to stay put here?” It gave me a push in the right direction and it would not be an exaggeration to say that “this song was a major factor that helped me to make up my mind to put myself through the challenge and go to the States.”
Lately, when we go out drinking, I’ve been saying that “I really want to go on a holiday somewhere!” Since I’ve been playing baseball all this time, I don’t have many opportunities to get away for pleasure, and we’ve both been really busy…..so, if we can just go on a trip somewhere, like Africa, it would be wonderful! Masha-nii~~, please make some time for me!
Welcome to All About Fukuyama Masaharu, part lyrics blog, part fan site, 100% about Masha. It started out as a blog around April 2009 to repost all English lyrics, but after a while I got a bit ambitious and posting many other things I can gather from the net, some pictures, some articles, mostly news in English from the perspective of a fan although you can find some translated articles in here. I do not pretend to say I take credit for the text in here; frankly I just search, gather, summarise, reword and repost. I will always include the name of the fan who said whatever I posted to the best of my ability but as you can see, my sources are mostly from 2 main fan forums of Masha that is not in Japan. My problem is I can't read Japanese or Chinese, but my persistence sometimes does pay off when I just keep looking. You will also find some pictures in here, but all of the pictures you don't see in here are in Facebook, just look for All Abt Masha. I am quite active in that Facebook page, and it is also a place to find information! My main purpose for this blog is for myself; to gather all lyrics in English under one roof. But I am very sure foreign fans can also benefit from the contents in this blog, and without the many wonderful foreign Masha fans who translate, discuss and share whether privately or publicly, this blog will never be what it is today. I am still hoping to find more English lyrics somewhere, although from the looks of it, I will say things have slowed down a bit. Anyway, have a look. If you have any snippet about Masha to share with me, or pictures or lyrics, anything at all, please do not hesitate to do so. Do join in the discussion by using Post A Comment. Do consider sending me your submission of reviews. And for new Masha fans, if you like, do join my Contact List. Thanks for dropping by!
- News & Updates
- Fun facts
- Filmography & Discography
- Latest news
- Quotes by Masha
- Quotes about Masha
- Pictures at Facebook
VIEW ALL CONTENTS
- Table of contents by dates
- Table of contents by labels
ARTICLES & TRANSLATIONS
- Masha Heart [English/Thai]
- MashaPlus [Eng][Requires registration]
- HK Fan Forums [Chinese]
- BROS [Japanese/Eng/Korean/Chinese]
- Twitter [Japanese]
- In August 2011, there was a "Fuku" Giveaway Lucky Draw which closed on 31.08.2011. Winners were announced on 03.09.2011 where they were Wu Hoi Lam and Sze Ying. Congratulations to them and thanks everyone for your participation.
- If you wish me to remove certain materials because you were the original uploader, please do email me, however please reconsider your decision
- I am using Photobucket to store my images. However some images were stored at Imageshack.us and if you see a picture of a yellow frog in a block of ice, it means that is stored at Imageshack.us . All you have to do is go to Imageshack, create a free account, log in before you come to my blog or any blog using Imageshack.us , and voila! All the images will be there! In fact I do prefer Imageshack.us !
- The slideshow at the top is clickable. It will be 10 images. To switch between images, either use the thumbtack to scroll left or right or click at any of the 10 buttons on the white paper.
- The links in the left panel which is Labels are hidden under an accordion style menu. If you're not sure what you're looking at, just click everywhere.
- I have changed the way the links are presented when you click on Archive or any labels. Instead of all full posts, you will see the title as links. This is neater and I hope it will make looking for posts easier for you!
- This blog's main language is English although for lyrics, you will probably find Romaji, Kanji and English as well. For links to other blogs that offer more information such as text based, do check out LINKS.
- If the images in the slideshow above seems to look like it is not covering the entire polaroid base, please reload. It happens.
- I am not affiliated with Masha or Amuse or BROS. I won't even say I am an experienced fan but you'll learn pretty quickly about this talented handsome uncle if you know where to look. It is daunting at first to find information on him, since most are in Japanese but if you know where to look, you will suddenly realise he has fans not just in Japan. I hope my blog will be your stepping stone to a bigger world of Masha-fans out there! This is not a notice but well.. just so you know!
As you all know, I will be attending Masha's concert on 03.08.2011 and so to reflect my joy at finally realising my dream in what will be a very costly trip, I present to you my 3rd most favourite song of Masha, Koufukuron!
If it is meant as private message, you may email me at funnlim(AT)gmail.com or leave a PM at Facebook page.
OTHER THAN PRIVATE MESSAGES
You may use the Shoutbox on the right for any instant messages or reporting of dead or changed links as well as simply to contact me. If it is rather long, feel free to use any post you think is related to what you wish to say, as I will receive a copy of your comment as well.
ABOUT SPECIFIC POSTS OR TOPICS
If it is a reply or related to a specific post or topic blogged about in here, please use Post A Comment feature. Remember to bookmark that post as I will reply in that post, if any.