SEARCH THIS BLOG




About Masha : A snippet on trip to Romania in 1996

0 comments Post a Comment
Found a very interesting snippet about Masaharu-san's Romania Trip in 1996 for Act Against Aids event which illustrates his character. A must read but first, a flashback...

THE BACKGROUND
I was thinking where is Rumania, did some googling and found out Rumania is Romania where I only know they were a country that used to produce great gymnasts like Nadia Comaneci whom I believe was first to score a perfect 10 in the Olympics many many years ago.

I was away from Japan for a few days (in February 2009), what did I do?

Actually, I went to 3 countries, if you include transit, then it adds upto 5. First I went to Rome, it was for work. As for what, I can't disclose it yet. I stayed in Italy for 5 days, then went to Rumania.

Speaking of why I had to go there, it was because of the Act Against Aids activity organised by Amuse, of course the organisers included other groups as well. Since the 1993 AAA was established, all funds collected were donated to Rumania to facilities looking after children orphaned by Aids or having Aids. To see these children, I went there twice in 1996. Of course, I also wanted to see how the funds were put to use. 13 years have since passed. I've had plenty of opportunities to go to Europe, but this time I thought I'd go back to have a look.

Unfortunately, some of the children have already passed away. But for the others, their lives have changed greatly: some have entered society, going to school or work. Some have even gotten engaged. I heard that a girl I had met (in the previous trips) had gotten engaged, so I thought, if I could, I really wanted to give her my congratulations. It was later that I found out, that she still remembers me and has come to Japan many times. So I wanted to see her.

~Extract from Talking FM 2009.02.22 & translated by Izumisano for Masha Heart~

Click Read More link for an interesting snippet on the trip, Santa Masha and tracks of his tears on his face.



THE SNIPPET
The following scans are taken from Post #736 Page 50 and translation are taken from Post #755 Page 51, both HK Fans Discussion Forums. For the full sized scans please go to Post #736 Page 50.






I believe the following translation by Mashamasha of the same forum is for the scan on the left with some addition by Izumisano.

Last month (June 2010?) , photographer (Herbie) Yamaguchi wrote a short article in newspaper about his visit to Rumania with masha in 96 X'mas for the Act Against Aids event. Then Joshi Seven (a magazine) this time interviewed one of the HIV kids whom they have visited.

The girl (now 23 years old ) said the first time she met masha is in June 96, masha visited them and sang with his guitar for them, and gave hamonica to each of them as present.

In Dec 96, masha came to visit them again. This time, masha dressed as Santa Claus with white moustache, so they did not know this guy is fukuyama at first sight. He gave them candies and sang X'mas song for them and when he sang, they immediately recognised he is fukuyama.

Through AAA staff, the girl and others came to Japan in 07 and watched masha's 17th nen mono concert. After the show, they went to the backstage to find masha. masha was very touched by how much they have grown up. The girl said she still remembers the tears in masha's eyes at that time.

In Feb 09, masha came to Rumania to visit them because he was told that the girl just got married and he went to congratulate her. Because they knew that it was also masha's birthday at that time, they arranged a surprise birthday party to masha.

The girl said what she appreciates and respects masha most is his personality. Even though he is a super star in Japan, he is very friendly and has the same attitude to everyone. She also loves listening to his songs and her favorite is Heart.

The said X'mas picture must be the following one first posted here. Original size (which is much bigger) can be found at post #104 Page 7 at HK Fans Discussion Forums.






I wonder which is the girl? Funny though, how I am sure they were curious who is this fair looking young man singing in some strange language and connected with him and now she is his fan! How strange life is. I wonder did she have AIDs too? Was she I am not sure for the lack of better word to used, cured? Or maybe I read wrong, she was one of the orphans, parents probably died of AIDs.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do bookmark this post as all replies will be posted in this same post. Rules of common courtesy and politeness applies.

You may now customise your comment and even post images! Here's how you do it;

FOR COLOURED FONT
Replace "color" with your choice of color. For example, "red", "blue", etc.

[co="color"]Your test here[/co]

FOR SCROLLING TEXT

[ma]Your text here[/ma]

FOR POSTING IMAGES
Please do not posts original huge sizes, thumbnails would be quite nice!

[im]Image URL Here[/im]

You can only see the results in the comments embedded in the post and not in the full blogger comment input page such as the one where you typed the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



SUBSCRIBE TO FEED



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner









JOIN CONTACT LIST!

Sometimes I receive some media files or stuff about Masha that can't be publicly shared, but I can however share privately, such as concert clips, etc. I would love to share whatever I got with you, as a way of disseminating information of Masha to the masses. You probably have all that stuff if you're an experienced fan, but if you are new to Masha or does not know other experienced fans, you probably won't have most of what I can send to you. I don't send emails often, since frankly I don't get such stuff often but when I do, I will send the link if I am allowed to do so. So do join my contact list but be reminded, you're not allowed to repost/redistribute/reupload whatever I send you whether in whole or in part. Anyone interested, redirect them to my blog and ask them to join my contact list. But this is only open to those who will answer the questions in the form below accurately. If you're successful, you will receive quite a few emails since I group all links together into categorised documents. If you're not, I will email and inform why (probably answered some wrongly, such as title not in Romaji or wrong answer). Once you found the answer, please RESUBMIT THE FORM. If you did not receive my emails (whether the many materials or rejection email) within 3 days of joining, please do resend your request. Thanks for joining!



>> CLICK HERE TO GO TO JOIN CONTACT LIST FORM <<


COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER



I do not know Masha, nor am I affiliated with him, BROS or AMUSE. This is a private fan site built by a fan for fans of common interest. The graphics were adapted from various free usage vectors and cliparts found in the internet. All pictures are collected from various sources. All text are either by me and/or collected from various sites and forums. Any enquiry please see "CONTACT".
 
Best Blogger Tips