SEARCH THIS BLOG




[OFF TOPIC] To Japan (and Masha and Team Fukuyama)

0 comments Post a Comment
Dear Japan, Team Fukuyama and especially Masha,

I found a Japanese proverb which says "Fall seven times, stand up eight" and it is true. Whilst I have always quoted from Don't Quit, at this time of crisis and in the times of extreme fear, I always looked to Invictus, an inspiring poem by William Ernest Henley;

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Japan, you're the master of your fate, you're the captain of your soul. Reading the reports of how dignified you have conducted yourself in times of such immense loss and fear, I thought of Invictus, which means unconquerable soul. Whatever the difficulties, however many times you are pushed down, with perseverance, nothing is impossible. I know the worst may have yet to come, but when it has, when things are worst, there is no other way but for things to get better. Once you ride out this storm, the sky will be clear again and things will be settled and you can then stand up, dust yourself, rebuild and move on. Kobe is a prime example. And I have always maintained come May, things will indeed return to normal for Tokyo, Sendai, and the areas affected. The feelings of suffering, pain and loss will linger, you may feel that you need to stand resolutely and not cry. But cry you must, and after all the tears have dried, there is a new you.

I hope come August or whenever that may be, I shall have the opportunity to meet the "new you". And to Masha, the road to see you is very difficult. Threats of radiation and what nots, now with family questioning if I should go some August or the months after and I myself doubting my conviction for a few minutes, but I am sure Japan will overcome all difficulties. And as I have promised myself I shall one day buy that concert pamphlet myself at your concert venue, I shall now make a promise to myself to have faith when my faith is questioned, to believe when my beliefs are shaken and I hope I will be able to "meet" you whenever I shall "meet" you.

To Japan, Masha and the ever hardworking Team Fukuyama, please stay safe, stay positive and one day, I shall have the privilege of cheering as I see Masha strumming the guitar, only this time, I shall cheer with all your Japanese fans and overseas fans, all who shall gather under one roof connected by our mutual love for you and our deepest respect for Japanese people. It shall be quite a party I would predict!!

With love,

Funn Lim [Malaysia]



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do bookmark this post as all replies will be posted in this same post. Rules of common courtesy and politeness applies.

You may now customise your comment and even post images! Here's how you do it;

FOR COLOURED FONT
Replace "color" with your choice of color. For example, "red", "blue", etc.

[co="color"]Your test here[/co]

FOR SCROLLING TEXT

[ma]Your text here[/ma]

FOR POSTING IMAGES
Please do not posts original huge sizes, thumbnails would be quite nice!

[im]Image URL Here[/im]

You can only see the results in the comments embedded in the post and not in the full blogger comment input page such as the one where you typed the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



SUBSCRIBE TO FEED



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner









JOIN CONTACT LIST!

Sometimes I receive some media files or stuff about Masha that can't be publicly shared, but I can however share privately, such as concert clips, etc. I would love to share whatever I got with you, as a way of disseminating information of Masha to the masses. You probably have all that stuff if you're an experienced fan, but if you are new to Masha or does not know other experienced fans, you probably won't have most of what I can send to you. I don't send emails often, since frankly I don't get such stuff often but when I do, I will send the link if I am allowed to do so. So do join my contact list but be reminded, you're not allowed to repost/redistribute/reupload whatever I send you whether in whole or in part. Anyone interested, redirect them to my blog and ask them to join my contact list. But this is only open to those who will answer the questions in the form below accurately. If you're successful, you will receive quite a few emails since I group all links together into categorised documents. If you're not, I will email and inform why (probably answered some wrongly, such as title not in Romaji or wrong answer). Once you found the answer, please RESUBMIT THE FORM. If you did not receive my emails (whether the many materials or rejection email) within 3 days of joining, please do resend your request. Thanks for joining!



>> CLICK HERE TO GO TO JOIN CONTACT LIST FORM <<


COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER



I do not know Masha, nor am I affiliated with him, BROS or AMUSE. This is a private fan site built by a fan for fans of common interest. The graphics were adapted from various free usage vectors and cliparts found in the internet. All pictures are collected from various sources. All text are either by me and/or collected from various sites and forums. Any enquiry please see "CONTACT".
 
Best Blogger Tips