SEARCH THIS BLOG




A promise to myself ...

0 comments Post a Comment
I am, as I am writing this, looking at the beautiful Daikanshasai 2010 concert pamphlet box which was in a plastic cover. No, I didn't go to the concert, can't afford the trip but a dear friend was kind enough to take orders and I thought why not just get the concert pamphlet which is 3000 yen by the way, not cheap and comes with a tote bag. Wanted the handphone dangling thing but it was sold out! The heavy box arrived and I was sorta reluctant to open it because it was just so nicely packed. But I opened it, very confused where to open it and finally did, very carefully removing the wraparound white paper, then carefully removed the black lid box (engraved on it is golden letters of the concert's title in full  - what a long title!) and inside on top is a glossy magazine type photobook. Mostly recaps on his past concerts, goods and such but the first image when I opened the book had me captivated. Masha, with his guitar, in mid jump, shouting. That sort of pose I always love seeing him in. Looked more and more and I just wish I have a scanner because these images must be shared. But scanning is a problem since the book is very well bound so to speak. The last page is Masha and his autograph. I consider that mission accomplished. You do notice my To Do List at the bottom of this blog? I think I can cross out 2 of those already, The photos are beautiful, the paper quality is thick and high quality. I emphasise on thick because that's how photobook should be like. To call this a concert pamphlet do no justice to the quality. It is in itself a photobook, a glossy one at that and I do think the paper quality is better than Ryoma-Den Photobook 2 and why not? Just that few pages, 3000 yen!!! But was it worth it? Then I saw at the bottom layer, the tote bag, light brown. I don't think I will ever use it. I removed it, from the box but not from the plastic cover and then put it back in. How can I use it? So nicely packed! The bag is very good quality. Overall whether it is worth the price depends on who you're asking. A fan would say YES! and a non-fan will say NOT QUITE! I just hate how the Japanese are so good at presentation, I just don't feel like opening the box ever because don't want to ruin it. I just took a peek just now, packed all things back in and put it in the cupboard. Kinda defeat the purpose of buying it but I am just very happy holding it and remembering the first picture that greeted me.

To those who has the concert pamphlet (for want of better name, it should not be called that!), how did you feel when you had to go through so many layers before you could open the booklet itself? Was it like unwrapping the single most important document of your life, or at least at that moment in time?

So all these ramblings leads to a promise to myself which involves pestering others and being quite a burden. I am still doubtful if I can ever afford to go see his concert in a foreign land not nearby or whether I can ever get his tickets so that I myself can buy these pamphlets myself but if I can't, I promise myself for every year of  his concert hereafter, I shall at least try to get my hands on the concert pamphlet. He has one in every concert and if it means begging, well, I am not above begging.

Anyway, to the friend who shall remain nameless so that she won't be beseiged with requests the next time she does go to his concert to the point she will have to create an online form for taking orders, who helped me to buy that pamphlet and who took the time and effort to carry all that back home and then post them out without first asking for a deposit (I myself will definitely ask for a deposit and yes I am a cheapskate!) and has yet to ask me for her money back by the way (!), thank you for your help. Holding the box is almost the same as being there buying it myself. I hope to one day not impose on others to get my hands on these which means by then I can and could attend his concert myself but meanwhile, for the times I can't, I could only hope I could find an obliging friend to assist me, as this very obliging friend did.

Thank you very much.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do bookmark this post as all replies will be posted in this same post. Rules of common courtesy and politeness applies.

You may now customise your comment and even post images! Here's how you do it;

FOR COLOURED FONT
Replace "color" with your choice of color. For example, "red", "blue", etc.

[co="color"]Your test here[/co]

FOR SCROLLING TEXT

[ma]Your text here[/ma]

FOR POSTING IMAGES
Please do not posts original huge sizes, thumbnails would be quite nice!

[im]Image URL Here[/im]

You can only see the results in the comments embedded in the post and not in the full blogger comment input page such as the one where you typed the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



SUBSCRIBE TO FEED



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner









JOIN CONTACT LIST!

Sometimes I receive some media files or stuff about Masha that can't be publicly shared, but I can however share privately, such as concert clips, etc. I would love to share whatever I got with you, as a way of disseminating information of Masha to the masses. You probably have all that stuff if you're an experienced fan, but if you are new to Masha or does not know other experienced fans, you probably won't have most of what I can send to you. I don't send emails often, since frankly I don't get such stuff often but when I do, I will send the link if I am allowed to do so. So do join my contact list but be reminded, you're not allowed to repost/redistribute/reupload whatever I send you whether in whole or in part. Anyone interested, redirect them to my blog and ask them to join my contact list. But this is only open to those who will answer the questions in the form below accurately. If you're successful, you will receive quite a few emails since I group all links together into categorised documents. If you're not, I will email and inform why (probably answered some wrongly, such as title not in Romaji or wrong answer). Once you found the answer, please RESUBMIT THE FORM. If you did not receive my emails (whether the many materials or rejection email) within 3 days of joining, please do resend your request. Thanks for joining!



>> CLICK HERE TO GO TO JOIN CONTACT LIST FORM <<


COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER



I do not know Masha, nor am I affiliated with him, BROS or AMUSE. This is a private fan site built by a fan for fans of common interest. The graphics were adapted from various free usage vectors and cliparts found in the internet. All pictures are collected from various sources. All text are either by me and/or collected from various sites and forums. Any enquiry please see "CONTACT".
 
Best Blogger Tips