SEARCH THIS BLOG




Cover Versions [By other singers of Masha's songs]

0 comments Post a Comment
IMPORTANT
If you see this post at the top of the list, it means it has been updated. Click Read More and the latest addition is always the last entry.

Over the years other artistes have covered Masha's songs and I have some for your listening pleasure. They're good tunes so in whatever language, they're still good tunes. Of course the original always sings better since it is his composition but in some rare cases, cover versions do bring something new to the song. If you have more for me, use Post A Comment! Thanks in advance.




SAKURAZAKA
The original here with the translated lyrics.

The cover is by Alec Su from Taiwan with a retitled version, Are You Happy ? (Ni Kuai Bu Kuai Le?) in Mandarin. Sounds alike except somehow Alec Su's version is a bit more Chinese, more upbeat. Thanks to Pearl for the tip!









Found another version, although same song same lyrics but I am not sure who sang this. This video could be fanmade, the singer could be someone with opera background but it is slower and really is a joy to listen to. However it may be sung by Yuunchun from TVXQ/DBSK/Tohoshinki, a Korean supergroup (thanks to River of MashaPlus forums for the info), the subject of the video. If that is the case, excellent version.










ALL MY LOVING
The original here.

Cover version by Leon Lai for one of TVB's popular series the title of which I can't remember in Cantonese. That I suppose was my first brush with Masha's music without knowing it. Leon Lai sounds surprisingly like Masha way back then. Anyway same song, same arrangment except maybe a bit faster. Thanks to Wuchang for the tip!











KOIBITO
The original here.

Cover version by Ekin Cheng in Cantonese. I didn't know how to read Kanji until it hit me; this song is Koibito! It means My Lover/My Love. Since I was never a fan of Ekin's music, I never knew. Thanks to Wuchang for the tip!










KISS SHITE
The video speaks for itself. This time a cover version by someone not of mainstream, if you know what I mean. Fantastic rendition, energetic and lively even if a bit off tune but hey, he's a kid, his feet could hardly reach the pedals and see him play! Fantastic! Love the chorus. I am sure Masha would approve of this! Hey, invite him to your concert Masha! Young musicians must be encouraged. You will find the original version plus the translation in this blog also. Just look for Kiss Shite on list of songs on the left.









UPDATED - 15.12.2009
MICHISHIRUBE
A classically trained singer (aka opera singer) from Japan covered this song, a very personal song for Masha dedicated to his grandmother who passed away if I am not mistaken last year or somewhere along that time. The singer in this cover version also dedicated this song I believe to his grandmother who probably passed away. I apologise for the lack of info since I can't understand Japanese. I have no idea who the singer is so any information would be most appreciated. For the original version and the very meaningful lyrics in English, find the song in the Songs List on the left.










UPDATED - 18.01.2010
SQUALL
I didn't know Squall was originally written for another singer? I didn't know. Right now I don't know the singer but her name in Kanji is 松本英子 and since I don't have the English version of her name, I really can't track her bio down. Anyway nice version but kinda emotionless. And watch till the end. The guy hugging her very intimately whilst she kinda looked vaguely into the camera is the young Masha himself!












UPDATED - 29.01.2010
HATSUKOI
My first reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and then it was well, sounds like a funeral! Not sure if this is a real singer or a youtuber but frankly please leave Hatsukoi alone! It is depressing enough without "depressing" it! The video is funny though. 2 bears with 2 rings. Oh dear... oh dear dear dear ...



UPDATED - 21.12.2010
NAITARI SHINAI DE
Original version here.

Cover by South Korean singer/actor Jang Geun Suk for the series Mary Stayed Out All Night [2010]. The title is now "I Will Promise You". Thanks to Szeying for the tip! The melody is exactly like the original except more on piano, harmonica whilst Masha's is more guitar and more "quieter". Well sung and not butchered at all. This is good because now Korean pop fans will take notice and will probably also take notice of this gem from Masha, one of my firm favourites and very beautifully sung.







UPDATED - 23.01.2011
IT'S ONLY LOVE
Covered by HK's Chilam Cheung, the title is the same in this Cantonese version. Not bad although musically no change at all, like pop in the karaoke and sing. Thanks to Szeying for the info, Chilam version is in his 1994 album titled Chilam. Anyway hear it at Tudou.

SQUALL
Covered by HK's Edmund Leong who isn't a great singer. The title in Cantonese is 我的命運 which I believe is translated as My Destiny. Musically no change, a bit like using karaoke version and add the vocals in. Thanks to Szeying for the info, Edmond version is in his 2000 album titled Parental Guidance PG家長指引.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do bookmark this post as all replies will be posted in this same post. Rules of common courtesy and politeness applies.

You may now customise your comment and even post images! Here's how you do it;

FOR COLOURED FONT
Replace "color" with your choice of color. For example, "red", "blue", etc.

[co="color"]Your test here[/co]

FOR SCROLLING TEXT

[ma]Your text here[/ma]

FOR POSTING IMAGES
Please do not posts original huge sizes, thumbnails would be quite nice!

[im]Image URL Here[/im]

You can only see the results in the comments embedded in the post and not in the full blogger comment input page such as the one where you typed the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



SUBSCRIBE TO FEED



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner









JOIN CONTACT LIST!

Sometimes I receive some media files or stuff about Masha that can't be publicly shared, but I can however share privately, such as concert clips, etc. I would love to share whatever I got with you, as a way of disseminating information of Masha to the masses. You probably have all that stuff if you're an experienced fan, but if you are new to Masha or does not know other experienced fans, you probably won't have most of what I can send to you. I don't send emails often, since frankly I don't get such stuff often but when I do, I will send the link if I am allowed to do so. So do join my contact list but be reminded, you're not allowed to repost/redistribute/reupload whatever I send you whether in whole or in part. Anyone interested, redirect them to my blog and ask them to join my contact list. But this is only open to those who will answer the questions in the form below accurately. If you're successful, you will receive quite a few emails since I group all links together into categorised documents. If you're not, I will email and inform why (probably answered some wrongly, such as title not in Romaji or wrong answer). Once you found the answer, please RESUBMIT THE FORM. If you did not receive my emails (whether the many materials or rejection email) within 3 days of joining, please do resend your request. Thanks for joining!



>> CLICK HERE TO GO TO JOIN CONTACT LIST FORM <<


COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER



I do not know Masha, nor am I affiliated with him, BROS or AMUSE. This is a private fan site built by a fan for fans of common interest. The graphics were adapted from various free usage vectors and cliparts found in the internet. All pictures are collected from various sources. All text are either by me and/or collected from various sites and forums. Any enquiry please see "CONTACT".
 
Best Blogger Tips